Woman´s Health, a healthy lifestyle.
A mother, wife, daughter, sister, girlfriend — there are many roles women play. There are also certain health issues that are unique for womans health, such as monthly menstrual periods, pregnancy, menopause, and many others. Sometimes, women overlook to take care of themselves because they prioritize their loved ones first — whether it be their husbands, children, parents or friends and partners, women often sacrifice their health when placing the needs of others before theirs. But how can you take care of your loved ones, maintain a career, and go about your day to day activities when you have bad or deteriorating health? It is essential for women to take good care of themselves first so they are able to function well and perform the many roles that they have taken upon.
When you’ve been so used to putting your loved ones’ needs before yours, it can sometimes be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to taking care of yourself. Here are 12 women’s health tips to get you started and going in living a healthy lifestyle.
Top 12 Woman’s Health Tips
- Eat Smart. One of the best gifts that you can give yourself is to take care of your body by taking on a healthier diet. Eat more fruits and vegetables and avoid processed and fast foods as much as possible. A great tip to know whether you’re eating healthy is by looking at the colors of the food on your plate. The more colorful, the better. This means you are consuming a wide variety of food that give you a wide range of nutrients.Eat smaller meals rather than 2 or 3 big meals. This will allow you to consume less, curb your cravings, and prevent you from binge eating on sugary and packaged snacks.
Preparing meals and daily menus are also good ideas to help you avoid picking foods that are unhealthy such as instant and fast foods.
- Drink More Water. Have at least eight glasses of water a day. They carry out toxins from the body, remove waste, and carry oxygen and necessary nutrients within the body. You also lose a lot of water everyday so it’s always an excellent idea to replenish lost fluids from the body.
- Exercise Dental Hygiene. Brushing teeth twice or thrice a day is not enough to keep bacteria at bay. Women should also floss. Flossing gets rid of decay-causing bacteria that lurk between the teeth. When these bacteria stay in your mouth, they can cause gum disease, which can potentially raise your risk for heart disease and stroke. It can even cause pregnant women to have preterm labor. Aside from flossing, visiting your dentist at least twice a year is a must.
- Sleep at least Eight Hours A Day. Giving your mind and body its proper rest and relaxation is essential for a healthy body. Studies have shown that getting proper and the right amount of sleep every night can help you live longer, lowers your stress level, sharpens your memory, and gives you more energy. Sleeping is also the time when your cells regenerate so spend at least eight hours of sleep everyday to give your body the right amount of time it needs to repair itself.
- Exercise Regularly. Engage in physical activities at least 30 minutes five times a week. Stretch your muscles, keep your heart healthy by engaging in cardio exercises, and simply move around. It will not only keep you healthy, it will make you fit, as well, giving you a toned and slimmer body.
- Exercise the Mind. Do some word puzzles, read books, or learn a new language or skill. When your work becomes monotonous, sometimes a puzzle or a good read can relieve you of all that stress and monotony. Constantly using the mind is even recommended for older women to help avoid Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Know Yourself. The best way to take care of yourself is by knowing your body. Learn about your body composition, know about your family’s medical history, and get to know your health risks. By knowing these things, you are better able to take the necessary steps needed to better take care of your body.
- See an Obstetrics and Gynecology doctor. Breast and ovarian cancer are top killers of women around the world — the earlier the disease is detected, the better. So go have your routine check up, get a pap smear, and get an overall consultation at least once a year.
- Avoid Premature Skin Aging by Wearing Sunscreen. Wrinkles, age spots, lines and scars are a woman’s worst enemy when it comes to her skin. You can avoid these by wearing sunscreen when you are exposed to the sun. As early as early childhood, children should start wearing sunscreen to maintain youthful skin when they get older. The number one cause of wrinkles is exposure to the rays of the sun. Wear hats that cover your face if you can. Protecting your skin is not only for beauty’s sake, you can also prevent skin cancer by shielding your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Practice Safety. When you ride a bike, or a motorcycle, wear a helmet. When you’re riding a car, put on your seat belt. And when you have sexual relationships, protect yourself from possible STD’s and unwanted pregnancies.
- Improve Relationships with Others. When you have good relationships with your family, your friends, and your workmates, you are less stressed, giving you better peace of mind and making you enjoy life more. When you have warring family members and colleagues that are in constant conflict, it will affect your overall outlook in life and general psychological well-being. The way to have better relations with others is to connect with them. Talk to them, spend quality time with loved ones, and listen to others, as well. They say that no man is an island, which is true. You can’t live life on your own, you need others to give you love, a sense of belonging, and support — which are all essential to living a prosperous and long life.
- Love Yourself. Treat the way you want others to treat you. Take time to pamper yourself every now and then. Head to the salon or the spa and spend a day or two relaxing and indulging in pleasurable activities. Meditate. Keep a journal. Stay away from people who get you down. Eliminate the bad and enhance the good.
The road to a better and healthier lifestyle always starts with the determination and commitment to improve your well-being. Womans health is not something to be overlooked or to get started with when you retire. It should start now and use these tips to get you started to a healthier you.